Boiler Repair, Replacement and Installation
Boiler system problems may manifest in many different ways. You may be experiencing strange noises from the system, no heat or perhaps the boiler isn’t engaging at all. Higher heating bills are another common problem due to inefficient operation, ailing components or an over-sized boiler system.
Why Choose One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning?
- Licensed and Insured
- 24/7 Emergency HVAC Service
- Credit-Friendly Financing Available
- Straightforward, Upfront Pricing
- On-Time Service Guarantee
- Well-Trained, Professional Technicians
- Clean, Friendly & Respectful
- Background Checked & Drug Tested
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Protection Plans Available
If your boiler is on the blink or your heating bills are higher than normal, it may be time to call an HVAC professional. Boiler problems may be solved with simple troubleshooting, a common repair, part replacement or perhaps it could be time for a new boiler system. It’s important to get an accurate assessment so you can make the best decision for your situation.
Common Boiler Problems We Repair
Whether you have a newer high-efficiency boiler or an older workhorse, our professionals offer the experience and credentials to put your home heating worries at rest, and get your boiler back online when you need it most. Following are common boiler problems we repair.
- Hot surface igniter . Hot surface igniters replace standing pilot lights in new boiler systems. They are safer and more efficient. However, these devices should be replaced every 3-4 years before they fail.
- Pilot light . If the pilot light keeps going out, there may be a broken thermocouple or deposit buildup, which is a matter of a simple repair or service call.
- No heat or hot water. Common problems for no heat or hot water include failed motorized valves, broken diaphragms and airlocks, or low water levels.
- Strange noises. Boilers are known for making noises, but some noises require attention. Air in the system or low pressure makes for strange sounds. Lime buildup on the boiler’s heat exchanger reduces efficiency and causes kettling, which is identified by rumbling noises. If you hear banging noises, there could be a pump failure. Gurgling or bubbling sounds may indicate a frozen condensate pipe.
- Leaks and drips. Water leaks and drips could be caused by a number of problems which should be investigated to pinpoint the location and cause.
- Pressure loss. Water leaks are common causes for a loss in pressure. The pressure relief valve should also be inspected.
- Frozen condensate pipe. If the condensate pipe becomes frozen, call a professional to thaw it.
- Continuous shut off. Boilers are designed with safety features to shut the system off in the event of a malfunction. If the boiler’s condensate pipe becomes obstructed (frozen), the boiler will shut down. Low water pressure or flow, which may be caused by a closed valve or improperly functioning pump, can cause the boiler to shut off.
- Radiators not hot. Corroded piping and sludge prevent free hot water flow to the radiators. Corroded pipes and obstructed pipes should be chemically cleaned and flushed to remove deposits and buildup.
- Thermostat issues. Old thermostats can lose accuracy or become damaged. Consider investing in a new programmable thermostat to make heating comfort and energy savings a snap.
Sooner or later, all boilers and HVAC equipment must be replaced. At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®, we guide you through the process of boiler selection, sizing and installation to ensure you are leveraging your heating investment dollars wisely. Moreover, when it’s time to replace your boiler or heating system, ask your trusted professionals about guarantees and maintenance agreements to enhance your investment.
Heating & Cooling Services
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is ready to take care of all your heating and air conditioning needs including installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance.
Protection PlansOur Protection Plan
The One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® maintenance agreement, Comfort Club , provides you with regular system checks. It's a bi-annual planned check-up and service. The maintenance completed is designed to meet or exceed all manufacturer and extended warranty requirements for system maintenance and surpasses the recommendations set forth from the Department of Energy and most utility companies. A Comfort Club agreement will keep your system running at its peak.
Our Guarantee100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Your complete satisfaction with our heating and air conditioning services and technicians is 100% guaranteed. The on-time guarantee is one of the best in the country, and backed by heating and air technicians that are trained, skilled and experienced to exceed your expectations and needs. You will never be kept waiting - "Always on time... or you don't pay a dime."®